Monday, January 10, 2011

Day Nine--An Organized Church Bag

Today while my husband took a trip down memory lane, cataloging and posting old pictures, I decided to use my organizing task for something urgent for the day--organizing my church bag. I'm not talking about the kids' bag with all the toys and goodies that get pulled out, but never played with, and strewn across our entire pew and all pews within a 10 ' radius. That bag is beyond my control at this point in time. But since I was called as a Miamaid advisor 2 months ago and I actually teach every couple of weeks now, I thought it would be appropriate to have a bag packed and at the ready.

The first thing I chose was an appropriate bag--something just big enough for my binder, manual, scriptures and a few other things, but not too big, since, unfortunately, it is not the only thing I have to haul around each week. (I would probably eventually prefer a bag just slightly larger so that it can fit larger prints in it, but for now this one will suffice.) I then filled it with the goodies one always needs when giving a lesson--pens, pencils, extra paper, a highlighter for marking the lesson. I even made myself an eraser out of some heavy duty foam and put it in a bag with a couple pieces of chalk. Voila! The bag is ready! (There's even room for a few crayons and a bag of cheerios in there!) The last thing I decided was to print off the lesson each time I teach, rather than hauling my manual to church, both freeing up space and allowing me to mark up the lesson as much as I want. A simple thing, but it's ready for the rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment