Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day Eleven--Organized CD's

I wish I could say I took on the mountain of a task of organizing ALL our family's cds today, but I took on the much smaller task of organizing just one person's--my daughter's. For Christmas we gave her a cd player. Her old one broke a couple of years ago, long before she even knew how to operate one, and it has been so much fun watching her choose a cd and know just what buttons to push to make things happen. Curious George and James and the Giant Peach are coming alive to her and music just makes her so happy, she'll stay and play in her room for hours now. Unfortunately, all our kid cds were scattered throughout the house in different locations, so she was feeling a little limited (I was feeling a little limited) to the particular cds she was listening to.

First, she and I went around the house and collected all the different kid cds--some were in the kitchen, some in the basement, and lots had ended up out in the car. We then sat down and went through them all, me explaining what each one was, and she choosing the ones she wanted for her very own. I gave her her own cd case and showed her how to put each one in the sleeves, explaining how the case protected the cds from getting broken and scratched and instructing her to keep it out of her baby brother's reach. (Of course after listening to her tonight play about 30 seconds of each cd, I was not surprised to go in after she was asleep and find the majority of them stacked around the player and the rest scattered on the ground. I can see I will have to reiterate the lesson of cd protection tomorrow!)

The last thing I wish I had had time to do, and would like to do in the near future, is personalize her little cd case somehow. Put some cute paper with her initial on it and just make it a bit more girly. It won't matter--she's already so happy with all the music and story possibilities already at her fingertips--but it will make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment